I want to speak about Communication as that SHOULD be the first thing we do when we are starting a Relationship. Most of the time we are so engaged in looks that we don't even hear the conversation that is right in front of us. Most of the time a person tells you and shows you who they are from day one. We need to start LISTENING with our EARS and not our EYES. Do yourself a favor, ASK as many questions as you can think of. And LISTEN to the answers. If you hear something you don't like, question it further to see if it is something that you are willing to deal with. Example, if your partner doesn't like to vacation and you do that may be a problem down the line. You might want to ask if that is something that you can compromise on. If the answer is no then this might not be the relationship for you. And YES its as simple as that. Something that simple can be huge in your relationship.
Sad thing for me, I asked all the right questions in my abusive relationship. He answered all the questions I asked and guess what? I still choose not to see or hear them. When he detailed his family history it was a perfect opportunity for me to leave BEFORE the relationship. Signs like the abuse that was already in his family, the attitudes he would get for little things such as me looking in the direction of another man, the calling every five minutes to see where Iwas at, THOSE WERE ALL SIGNS Of ABUSE. So again please communicate BEFORE you start a relationship. Here are a few questions that you can ask just to see if you are compatible:
1. Where are you from?
2. Tell me a little about your family? What was your family like growing up? Dig deep to see if there is any abuse on both sides(Mother and Father) If parents are not together find out why
3. What do you like about dating? What do you dislike?
4. In one word, how would you describe yourself and why?
5. What do you most look for in a partner?
6. Do you like to Travel?
7. What makes you happy? what makes you sad?
8. For what in your life do you feel most grateful, and if any, what are your regrets?
9. Are you a morning or night person?
10. Whats the best thing that has happened to you so far in life, the worse thing?
Here are just a few questions that you can ask in which you will find out a lot about a partner. BE NOSEY. Your life can depend on it. Id love to know more. Please list below other questions that you can think of that we should be asking a partner BEFORE we began to date
I love you and remember STAY BEAUTIFUL